Warriors Parade 2017
1) I had been to the previous parade & wanted to sleep in (lol)
2) There was a shooting last year after my friends & I left & I was scared to go again
But I felt more comfortable when I found out we were going with a bigger group than the previous time & I was also excited for one of my best friends who was unable to make it to the previous parade.
They were handing out free shirts & luckily my friends & I were all able to grab one!
The major difference between this parade experience & my previous parade experience was the security lines. We all didn’t know that in order to watch the parade with everyone, you have to pass through security that was at all checkpoints to enter the parade viewing area. They WERE NOT allowing any beach or folding chairs to make extra space because they estimated that this parade was going to be larger than the last. Luckily my friends were able to sneak their folding chairs in because the security said to us, “You know what? I don’t even care anymore.” I think she was just so fed up with people trying to sneak stuff in that she just let us go 😂
3. In the first photo below, there is a man on the right with a Warriors hat, black sunglasses, & a beard. Standing on our bucket & stools, we were just as tall as him. If we were that tall, would you tell us to move to the back because you couldn’t see? He was literally at the front of the gate unlike us & did you tell him to move to the back because you couldn’t see? No. You wouldn’t tell a tall person in the front, “Hey, move to the back! We can’t see!” because it’s first come, first serve. Same thing applies. You wouldn’t understand that because you’re not short.
So for all future parades here is a BIG TIP, instead of getting mad that you can’t see due to your lateness or your lack of intelligence, BRING A BUCKET!
Enjoy the photos 😊
Kevin Durant & David West
Shaun Livingston & Patrick McCaw
Warriors Dance Cam Mom
Draymond Green & Kevon Looney
Stephen Curry & Ian Clark
Exploring the Tidepools
The first time we went here, we didn’t know there was a tidepool area. I found out through my cousin’s photo because I was curious which locations in the Bay Area had tidepools. I must’ve been here years ago on a school field trip since it all looked so familiar, but I can’t remember much.
At the entrance of the pathway to the tidepools, there’s a plaque of information for visitors. One of the rules to keep the preserve safe says to not pick up anything! We saw a man pick up a crab from one of the tidepools which I suggest you should not do. SMH.
We both agreed that if we plan on going back here to see the tidepools, we’ll go at an earlier time to avoid high tide.
Check out this anemone (pictured below)! There are multiple anemone throughout the tidepools, but I wasn’t able to capture as many photos as I hoped.
I was so happy because we got to see a few colorful crabs. They kept running away, so I wasn’t able to get any decent photos of them.
If you know of any in the Bay Area, please feel free to share/comment below!
Our First Time Together at Natural Bridges State Beach
September 13, 2012
|2012!? We were babies 😭|
Jeremiah & I recently watched the live-action remake of Beauty & The Beast. Even though the film has been getting mixed reviews (from what I’ve seen), we both enjoyed it.
We’re also planning on watching Power Rangers this week. My brother still owns Mighty Morphin Power Rangers: The Movie & Turbo: A Power Rangers Movie on VHS. We loved watching them growing up. I don’t have high expectations for this new Power Rangers movie, but I’m hoping it will be entertaining.
Iron Fist also came out on Netflix a couple of days ago. From headlines & comments I’ve read, it’s apparently “the worst” Marvel Netflix series. Jeremiah & I are currently on the 6th episode. It’s okay so far, but I don’t think I hate it. I just think it’s going by real slow, but I’ve also read from users that it picks up after the 6th episode. I’m assuming the pace of the storyline is sort of similar to Luke Cage? The first half of Luke Cage is really good, but it was a little dreadful for me trying to get through the last half. I’m still giving Iron Fist a chance though.
Have you watched the live-action remake of Beauty & The Beast? Have you watched Iron Fist? What do you think of them so far?
Also, here are a set of photos I took last summer of the Perseid Meteor Shower. Jeremiah, my brother, & I drove out near Lake Del Valle to catch the Perseid Meteor Shower. I only had about 3 hours of sleep that night, but it was so worth it to capture these photos.
I had the pleasure of setting up a photo booth for the event. I did run into some minor mistakes, but it’s okay because in order to learn & grow, you have to make mistakes, right? I still had fun trying to play around with it. I need a few more test runs & more experience with it.
Thanks for letting me do this Hanna!
- Bring extension cords! I remembered a few days before the event that I may need extension cords, but it completely slipped my mind. Overall, I didn’t have to use any of my umbrella lighting at all because there was plenty of light entering the hall, but it’s still good to have them just in case.
- Invest in more props. Thankfully my sister gave me additional props because I don’t think I had enough “fun” ones to choose from. I’m still working on it.
- Face the reality that the white sheet is just going to get dirty
- Tablet freezing. The tablet screen froze a couple of times during the event, but I think it’s because I haven’t really figured it all out yet. I haven’t really had time to play with it or had experience with the device once it’s synced up to my camera.
On the Way to Sierra at Tahoe:
Once we got the car, we finally made our way to Lake Tahoe!
Sierra At Tahoe:
Jeremiah & I ran into some complications with our snowboard & bindings. We definitely should’ve not put our bindings on until the last minute. Since we’re new at this, we didn’t know that bindings weren’t universal. Apparently, Burton has different bindings/plates that are specific to their brand. The worker at the repair shop tried installing our bindings anyway, but it still wouldn’t fit.
- Before investing in a snowboard & bindings, make sure they’re compatible if you’re buying them separately
- Save a little bit of extra money in case you run into complications & have to rent
Jeremiah & I are both getting better. He’s doing a lot better than I am. I’m falling A LOT less than I was my first time, but I’m still trying to figure out how to completely control the board.
My friend Vanessa fell pretty hard on her shoulder, so she had to stop snowboarding with us. I felt so bad, but she said that she’s glad to have still experienced something like this. She can snowboard & balance fine, but she doesn’t know how to brake. The only way she could stop is if she fell, but she took a really bad fall on her shoulder.
Sheena & I met up with Vanessa while we waited for everyone else to come back.
Thank you for the amazing trip! I cherish all these memories that we make together💕 Tahoe again in the summer or LA trip? 😅
I have a mini video from the trip that will be posted soon. Stay tuned!