Back again with the Friday Favorites! It’s a little unbelievable for me that I actually posted 2x this week 😂
Here’s my round up of favorites:
Continue reading ➞ Friday Favorites
Happy Friday! I’m trying out this new category called “Friday Favorites” which would be a range of random things that I like each week. It could be a podcast I really enjoyed listening to, a TV show I’m currently watching, a great meme, a post or tweet that made me laugh, etc. I may not be able to do this weekly right now, but I do intend to do these things more frequently in the future if you (the reader) & I like this in the long run.
Sometimes, I have bad days or bad weeks. I find myself getting stressed out to the point where I cry or I feel really down some days & perhaps doing these could help me be a little stronger mentally. These “Friday Favorites” posts will serve as a reminder or a reflection that even though bad days or weeks occur, there were still a few little things to be happy about. These posts are probably more personal for me than it is for you guys, but maybe it’s something you could think about doing in the future too.
Continue reading ➞ Friday Favorites
The Game of Thrones season 8 trailer dropped a few days ago & I am so stoked! I’m excited, but also sad at the same time because it’s going to be the final season.
Now, for discussion! Jeremiah & I are anticipating so much to happen, so we discussed some questions below:
Continue reading ➞ “Our enemy doesn’t tire, it doesn’t stop, it doesn’t feel.”
I did a revamp to this blog as I spent my weekend exporting my blog from one hosting site to another. I got an email from Google last week or two weeks ago that they will be shutting down Google Plus & that includes ALL of the photos in Google Album Archive, so yup, that’s all the photos you would have uploaded into a blogspot post. I meant to look this info up when I got the email, but I never got around to it until this weekend. It’s a good thing I looked it up because everything in Google Plus & your Album Archive will be deleted in April. I had to export everything out. I was having so much anxiety over losing everything. I’ve imported my old Xanga into Blogspot, so I had everything in my online diary from 2005. I had the time when my grandma passed away, my nieces & nephews pictures, Jeremiah & I’s memories, when my dad was in the hospital & passed away…everything. It’s my life. I was so anxious about it while I was exporting all of my photos from 2005 that are tied to their posts. I am so upset that Google is doing that.
Since importing on a new hosting site, a ton of posts probably don’t look the same in formatting & the blog layout is different, but I have to work with what I have under this plan. I really liked Blogspot & what kept me on it for so many years was also the customization in layouts. It really taught me some basic coding & HTML. If I didn’t choose the career path I have now, I would’ve wanted to do something in website developing or coding.
Since I spent time exporting my blog into a new host site, I made it private until I was able to fix most of the links & layout options. If there is anything that you see as an error or not working, please do let me know & I will see if I can fix it. Leave me a comment below! I know some things will not be the same since it is on a new host & there won’t be anything I can do about it, but I’d still like to try.
Anyway, enjoy the photo of me in my ear muffs. Even though there is some sun shining here in the Bay, it still get so cold! 🥶
Top 10 Favorite Films
My friend tagged me in a post on Facebook last summer to share my 10 favorite films that made an impact on me. Since I was in Europe during the middle of the summer & my hectic Fall schedule hit me like a deer in the headlights, I really never got around to it. But since the Oscars are premiering this month, I finally decided to share my 10 favorites! I decided to not exactly follow the description of the challenge my friend tagged me in, but I still thought I’d share.
Description: 10 Favorite Films for 10 Days that made an impact on you the first time you saw them and which are still on your watch list, even if you only go back to them now and then. Post the poster, no need to explain, and nominate a person each day to do the same.
- The Sandlot – My brother had this movie on VHS (that we still own to this day). Of course I had a childhood crush on Benny, but it’s definitely not the reason it’s my favorite! This movie is my all-time favorite because for some unknown reason, it makes me feel better whenever I’m down. At one point in my life, I watched it every day because it was the only thing that made me feel better. I think it’s good to have random things like this that can heal you.
- The Goonies – I remember this movie being on TV so many years ago when I was a kid & I never knew the name of it. I also distinctly remember the scene with the octopus! For so many years, I thought it maybe wasn’t real because they never show it on TV anymore. I’ve only seen it that one time on TV when I was a kid. Turns out, it’s a deleted scene. Anyway, I love this movie so much because it reminds me of the joys of being a kid & looking for adventure.
- Blade Runner 2049 – I never watched the first Blade Runner until this movie came out, but this movie gives me so many feels. I actually do not really enjoy sci-fi films (please don’t hate me film/cinema buffs), but this really hit it out of the park with me. I absolutely love, love, love the way the lighting is used in this movie. Sometimes, I randomly think of this movie & how beautiful it is. My dream in another life is being a director of photography for major films. I was almost in tears when the Director of Photography Roger Deakins won an Oscar for best cinematography for this film.
- 12 Years A Slave – I wasn’t that into serious films until I met Jeremiah. You might actually be surprised that I have not seen many of the “classic” films. This was probably the first serious film that Jeremiah took me to see. I cried. I also cried when Lupita won the Oscar for best supporting actress for this film because she was so deserving of it.
- Moana – Growing up, I really struggled with loving the color of my skin & sometimes I still do. It was a breath of fresh air watching a Disney animation movie with a lead character who resembled a little of the way I looked. I cried because it moved me in a way that I wish I could explain in words. It’s hard loving my deep brown skin sometimes, but I’m learning.
- La La Land – I hate/love this movie. I hate that it didn’t end up the way that I wanted & I love it so much because of that. I have never cried as hard as I did for any movie until I watched this one. I cried so much in the car after Jeremiah & I got out in the theater. It also came at a time in my life when friendships/relationships didn’t turn out the way I expected, but it’s part of life. We don’t always get the perfect ending & people move on with their lives, with or without you.
- Mad Max: Fury Road – This movie starts off really weird & is honestly not the type of movie I ever saw myself gravitating towards. I think Jeremiah & I just went to go see it because it got so many good reviews & man, it was one of our best decisions. I did not grow up seeing many bald, female leads being badass in a movie. There isn’t anyone else that I think could’ve done a better job than Charlize Theron as Furiosa. After watching this movie, I wanted to shave my head to be Furiosa for Halloween. Also, the cinematography is beautiful in this film.
- Up – I still cry every single time the sad scene shows up. I love that a Disney/Pixar film, a children’s movie, was able to bring something to the screen that is so real for so many people & do it in such a tender & careful way. I really respect those associated with the film for that. It also shows love in different ways, friendship, & adventure. I adore this film.
- Halloween – It’s the first horror film that really scared me! Plus, Halloween is my favorite “holiday”. The Ringer had this podcast called “Halloween Unmasked” that I listened to right before the new Halloween (2018) film came out. It goes into depth about how the film came to be seen as one of the greatest horror films ever. It’s really good & describes some reasons why it’s one of my favorite movies.
- Harry Potter & the Deathly Hallows Part 1 – I think I watched this movie in the theater with my sister. It’s my favorite HP film in the franchise, BUT it’s not my favorite book!! I can’t list the reasons why. It would be too long & I’d end up rambling on too much.
Continue reading ➞ Top 10 Favorite Films
I’m a little sad today because Jeremiah will not be home until tomorrow! He’s staying with his parents for the day & I decided to hang back to catch up the things that I’ve been putting off. I think I’ll make this bullet point list of what I’m doing today & what I’ve been up to:
Continue reading ➞ Hello, Saturday!