Two weeks ago, Jeremiah & I went to a popup art museum called “Color Factory” in San Francisco.
We arrived earlier than our time slot (6:30 PM) & since we were early, they let us in with the 6:00 PM group. They are less strict on time constraints vs. Museum of Ice Cream. Everyone was allowed to spend as much time in the museum as they wanted. You are also able to move back to rooms previously visited as you please.
Upon entering, you walk down this colorful set of stairs & all the way down until you are stopped. There, a Color Factory employee will discuss the rules to your group, give you a photo card, & instruct you on how to use it to take photos throughout your museum visit.
The first room we entered was set up with iPads to register your photo card. Registering it allows the Color Factory to send your photos directly to your e-mail. After registering, a wall is set up on the other side with small, colorful, scented circles.
This room also serves little treats at the back (only one treat per visitor).
ORANGE: VARIOUS MATTER WITH PERCEPTUAL PROPERTIES BETWEEN S90-620NM
There are only two markers in this room, so be patient as every visitor wants a turn to try it.
THE WONDERFUL WORLD OF ABSTRACTION
TICKLED PINK YOU’RE HERE
COLOR FACTORY SIGN
Jeremiah & I didn’t use the hashtag & didn’t spend too much time in here because it wasn’t all that interesting to us.
YELLOW BALL PIT
I advise that you hold onto your phone real tight because we lost Jeremiah’s phone while we were taking photos & we didn’t even realize it right away. I tried calling his phone & turned on “Find my iPhone”, but we couldn’t hear anything. Thankfully we were staying in the same area, so we found his phone after crawling around in the pit for it!
ALL YELLOW SHOP
For more posts+photos of my museum visits/suggestions:
- Museum of Ice Cream | San Francisco, CA (October 2017)
- The Getty Villa | Los Angeles, CA (August 2017)
- San Francisco Museum of Modern Art | San Francisco, CA (September 2016)
- Legion of Honor | San Francisco, CA (February 2016)
- The Walt Disney Family Museum | San Francisco, CA (November 2015)
- Clarion Alley | San Francisco, CA (September 2015)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Natural History | Los Angeles, CA (August 2015)
- Honolulu Museum of Art | Honolulu, Hawaii (July 2015)
- Iolani Palace | Honolulu, Hawaii (July 2015)
- King Kamehameha V Judiciary History Center | Honolulu, Hawaii (July 2015)
- The Getty Center/Museum | Los Angeles, CA (May 2015)
- California Academy of Sciences | San Francisco, CA (June 2012, March 2015)
- San Diego Natural History Museum | San Diego, CA (August 2014)
- Los Angeles County Museum of Art/LACMA | Los Angeles, CA (May 2014, December 2014)
- Exploratorium | San Francisco, CA (June 2013)
- Monterey Bay Aquarium | Monterey, CA (February 2012)