Jeremiah & I kept up with our tradition this year by going to Union Square to check out the big Christmas tree. We try to do it every year 😊
We planned on ice skating, but we chickened out last minute! We both don’t know how to ice skate. We’ve done it at least once in our lives, but we weren’t sure if we wanted to try it again. I kind of still want to try it, but maybe with other people, so I can feel more confident. Lol.
We roamed around & checked out the Winter Walk. They had a couple of food trucks, but we waited for Senor Sisig. Their events change every day, so check out their website for more information. Once Senor Sisig opened up, we immediately stood in line. The Winter Walk isn’t far from Union Square, so we just walked over to sit, eat, & enjoy the festivities.
Union Square Holiday Tips:
- Bundle up & try to stay warm if you plan on staying until the evening
- If you plan on ice skating, there are locker & skate rentals. Read more here
- How to avoid crowds…you can’t. It’s SF, so be prepared with a few shoulder bumping, tourists stopping in your path to take photos, & people who don’t have enough manners to say, “Excuse me.” Lol
- Avoid eating at the mall because it’s too crowded
- If you’re going to eat at a restaurant or at Cheesecake Factory at the top of Macy’s, make a reservation, especially if you have a big group
- Grab a hot chocolate or your favorite holiday drink at one of the many surrounding Starbucks locations. Enjoy your beverage as you roam around the festivities
- There are a number of parking structures around, but they can get a bit pricey. If you don’t want to deal with the hassle of driving, consider taking BART. There is a station right on Powell St.
If you have any questions or suggestions on something I should post or talk about, let me know! I really want to engage more with my readers/followers on here or on Instagram. E-mail me if you have any questions or if you’re shy, you can ask me things anonymously on http://momentswithkc.tumblr.com/ask ! Do you have any questions about photography? Blogging? Fashion posts? TV shows? Movies? Hobbies? Interests? Ask me anything if you want to get to know me more or have a suggestion on what I should post about!